Step 1: Measure Hormones
In order to find out which hormones are causing your symptoms, your hormone levels need to be tested. Hormone testing can be done through a blood or saliva test ordered by your healthcare provider. Saliva testing gives you the ability to check your hormone levels in the comfort and privacy of your own home. For a list of providers that offer saliva testing, click here.
How to Test Saliva:
What’s in the test kit?
- Collection vial(s)
- Detailed instructions
- Medical Center Pharmacy recommends the Female Comprehensive II Profile
- Prepaid shipping label and payment form
- The testing lab charges a $180 fee that may be covered by your insurance.
What does the Female Comprehensive II Profile test for?
How do I collect a sample?
- Read through instructions
- Fill out form with information
- Collect samples by filling tube(s) with saliva
- Ship your sample to the lab for analysis in the provided prepaid UPS envelope
Your results are sent to your healthcare provider within 10-14 business days and you will be notified you once they are received.
Step 2: Meet with Your Healthcare Provder
Once your lab results are in, schedule a meeting with your healthcare provider who will design an individualized therapy regimen.
Step 3: Compounded Prescription
If it is determined that compounded bio-identical hormones are the best therapy option for you, your healthcare provider will prescribe a customized prescription plan. Medical Center Compounding Pharmacy's compounding staff carefully prepares each prescription using the highest standards.