Healthy twist on an all American 4th of July favorite!
Devour this healthier version of brownies without the guilt. This brownie recipe is paleo – gluten free and dairy free.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 60 g dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown rice malt syrup (or 100% maple syrup)
- 1 TSP vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 TSP baking powder
- 1/2 TSP salt
- Optional toppings: crushed walnuts, sliced almonds, shredded coconut, dark chocolate chunks
- Mix coconut oil, cacao powder and 60g of dark chocolate into a bowl over steaming water under completely melted and mixed.
- Add honey and brown rice malt syrup and mix
- Pour into a new bowl (so it is no longer in a hot bowl), add vanilla powder, eggs, coconut flour, baking powder and the salt.
- Pour into an 8″x 8″ pan on a baking sheet
- Optional: add toppings
- Bake at 325 for ~25-30 minutes